Friday, July 16, 2010

Need M & M's please, but happy have new friend . . .

Friday-
Well thankfully I am on the mend, but poor Scott caught the cold and is still feeling really lousy. Colds really get into his system and take forever to leave. Today spent maybe 2 hrs working to translate the kosherlist. As I may have mentioned earlier, there is a list of kosher products put together by the Rabbinical Authority here to determine what products in the stores are kosher. Problem for me is all in Dutch. So is a painstaking job to translate to English. Still have a bit left to go, but discovered some items that are kosher here and realize can buy, which is great. Also confirmed M& M’s are not kosher here, which stinks because I love them. I put my family members on high alert to check for M & M sales in the store, so they can stock up for me. Please be in touch with my mom or sister if you read about a sale in the supermarket or drugstores. Thanks Well finally yesterday we got word that our container is ready, so we will move next week. Woohoo. Let us all just pray that nothing got lost and all we shipped comes in one piece. Well I started with Friday, but let me get back to this week.

Really took it easy early in the week, to try and make sure got better which worked and then yesterday went to Amsterdam. I have to give a big shout out and thanks to Jodi Friedman for making a shidduch, non marriage of course. She connected me with a great girl who she knew from Ramaz who moved to Amsterdam about 6 months ago with her husband who is doing a post-doc there. I went to meet her yesterday to hang out. We both have tons in common and she is awesome. It was great to spend time with someone who is familiar with life at home and can relate to me. We went to the Willet-Holthuysen Museum, which is a 17th century canal house filled with original 18th century interiors. Was very beautiful and interesting. Anyone who has ever traveled with me knows how I enjoy seeing old homes. Then we just walked around Amsterdam. The city is packed now with tourists. We walked thru the flowers market and you could buy tulip seeds, but they had no actual tulips as they are no longer in season. Also discovered a MAC (makeup store) in Amsterdam. This is awesome because this is the brand I use, so don’t have to worry in case I run out. It is much more expensive than the states, so best I buy there, but at least feel good knowing can be found in this country. Was a great day spending time with a new friend. Amsterdam and The Hague are about 1 hr by train, which isn’t so far, but once I get the hang of driving here, I can always drive there and she can meet me in The Hague or we can meet halfway. Then the evening was spent in the stores buying things we needed for our house. Now the afternoon is winding down and soon will get ready for shabbos. Next week will be exciting as we move into our house. Remember plenty room for visitors, so come visit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment