Friday, July 30, 2010

The unpacking continues . . .

Once all the unpacking was done, we had to figure out where everything would go. As we went thru this process, we realized we brought a few to many extra furniture pieces. Scott will say he wanted to leave some of these at home, but I said take them. The owners left a beautiful glass cabinet and the living room has built in bookcases, so didn’t need all the bookcases we brought. On our top level there is a tiny room, which has now become our storage room, for all the extra stuff we don’t need. I think better we had more than less as furniture is usually expensive, so we wouldn’t have to worry. The place is coming together really nicely and so great to be settled. As soon as we finish up, I will take pictures and post some. One complaint is the sinks here are fairly small, not what I am used to, but I am adjusting. My sink liners from home were way too big, so I had to go out and find new ones, which was quite a challenge. No Bed, Bath and Beyond to run to. It is great that we live near a tram which takes you right to the town center where you can find tons of shopping. I located the MAC makeup counter in a store, whoohoo!! I spent an afternoon there this week buying all the odds and ends that we still needed. Just bought what I needed and got back on tram to our house. I feel like I am back in New York City. Where we live is really a combination of city/suburbs. It is a suburbs feel, quiet and green, but nearby are trams which take you right to the heart of the city. The tram also goes right to Central Station from where you can get on a train to Amsterdam, Paris and I think other cities.

Forgot to relay a story last week, so wanted to share. Last week Scott was sitting on the couch and I noticed him reading a People magazine. Now I was so confused where he got one from. Even more confused when I checked the address and saw it was mine, which are being sent to my sister’s house. Turns out Gabrielle had to send us stuff and in the package she included 4 of my People magazines. Reading them made me feel like I was right at home and in that moment I decided I will keep getting them and Gab can send every few months a stack. Shout out to the greatest sister, who is the best property manager and always keeps me in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment