Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 4

Day 4- Today’s job was more food shopping and trying to search out some English books, so could have something to do on Shabbos, considering Shabbos here ends at like 10 pm States time. First went to the supermarket and boy they do not sell things in quantity here. We were told the Dutch like to eat things fresh so buy fresh products daily and this is the reason for their small fridges. I will have to get away from the Costco mindset. I rarely liked salad dressing, but I imagine will miss here, as I think that may be a hard thing to find. After food shopping I decided to search out the American Book Center, which is a mecca for English books. I took the bus there, but then missed the stop because had my pass in my bag, which you need to swipe before you get off the bus. I couldn’t get out fast enough and then missed the stop I needed and then at the next stop the bus didn’t stop. Finally I saw you need to press a stop button to get the bus to stop, just like at home. At least I had a nice tour of another side of The Hague. And the best part of this side is I found the shopping. Yippee. Also found the American Book Center, which has sale books many under 3 Euros. Now I know where I will be spending lots of time. Now sitting here and waiting for Scott to come home, so can attempt to start on the food for shabbos.

No comments:

Post a Comment