Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yay kosher Mac & Cheese

Tuesday-
Today’s adventure was about exploring parts of the city and trying to get some information from the Visitor and Expat Centers. I started the day at The Hague American Women’s Club, which is a club which holds events for American women. I had a tour of the club and learned about the different events they hold throughout the year. It is very quiet in the summer as many people are away, so I am thinking to hold off joining until the Fall, but I can still attend some events without being a member. This club was near the beach, so I walked to the beach and got to see the boardwalk and the surrounding area. It seems like it is so nice when the weather gets warmer. There was an arcade and mini golf and bowling. Can’t wait to go when it is not freezing like it was today.
Then after the beach I went to the Expat Center, which is set up for people like me just moving to the City. I received a whole bag of brochures, books and helpful information to get oriented. Now I have plenty of reading material to keep me busy. After this I went to purchase an annual pass which allows free access to many museums within the Netherlands. Figure this would be a good thing to have as we will want to visit all museums throughout the country. Then my last stop was the Visitors Center, but already got all I needed, so now all set.

Funny story- So decided to take a bus back to our housing as was carrying so many books. I entered the bus in the back and heard yelling coming from the bus driver. Of course was in Dutch, so had no idea what she was saying or even if she was talking to me. Then a lady came up to me and started also talking in Dutch, but again had no idea what she was saying. I said I only speak English. So she started talking to someone else who translated to me. Apparently you only enter the bus thru the front. I was confused because on the trams you can enter in any place. Learned something new today, so won’t look like an idiot next time get on the bus.

Excitement of the day- I found the kosher Mac and Cheese in the supermarket. It even has an OU. Yayyy. Now I know I can survive here.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are great. Next show us the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elanna and Scott
    So happy for both of you. What a wonderful experience. Love seeing your pictures.
    All the best, Emily

    ReplyDelete