Thursday, June 10, 2010

First two days . . .

We have arrived!!!

This begins my first entry of my Blog of our adventure to Europe.

Day 1-We had a great flight, but since our connection between Copenhagan and Amsterdam was so quick our luggage never made it on the flight. That was annoying as we didn't pack our carry on's thinking let's say we don't get our luggage until the next day. Thankfully Scott had his suit, but we had no soap, shampoo, conditioner or tolietries. We also had dinner at the local rabbi the first night and I had no skirt in my carry on. After we arrived at our apt, Scott went to work to get his computer and phone and I took a nap. Our temp place is amazing. Two bedrooms, 1 and a half bath in a brand new building. We think we may even be the first people in this place. And the best part is that we get some American TV. I already have seen Oprah, MTV and TLC programs. Then once Scott came home, we went shopping for supplies and a skirt for me. For the ladies (found a great one 8 euros-go me!!!) Then we got ready to have dinner at the rabbi and his wife's house. They were so nice and gave us the ins and outs of Netherlands Jewish living. They gave us the trusted book of all kosher products in the supermarket, which will be our bible and then we also got a tour of the local jewish market. We did our first supermarket shop and bought some snacks and fruit. If you know us, you know we can't live without our snacks and of course I bought some coke to drink. Another great staple of my diet.

Day 2- We met with our broker to look out some rentals. We saw some great properties. One of them had these great high ceilings and crytsal chandeliers, felt like we were in a castle. Other one was across from the county jail-no thanks. Almost all had these windy staircases. Don't worry people, now I know how I will be excercising. We found one we like and fingers crossed it works out. Scott then headed to work and I relaxed. Hard life moving to Europe. Just kidding. Then we went out to the kosher store to stock up. We got the basics we need. Got the bologna covered, yay. Then went to the supermarket again to get real food. We got macaroni and tomato sauce. It is not my Wacky Mac, but will do for now. The guy who runs the kosher store said we can tell him what we want and he will bring from Amsterdam. Little does he know yet, he will be bringing mac and cheese many times if they have in the Amsterdam shops. For dinner we had chicken cutlets and French Fries. Was just like being in the US for dinner:-) To cook food we have a joint microwave/oven, but the place didn't leave directions how to use. We went online and found directions in Italian. Good thing Scott knows a bit of Spanish, because we were able to somewhat figure out how to use the appliance and cook our food. Then spent the night reading a book on my new Kindle, which is awesome. Thanks to the greatest friends who bought it for me.

Day 3- Scott is at work and I am blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment